Friday, March 18, 2011

Cardi Clips

A few fun discoveries from my internet surfing:

Glee's costume designer, the incomparable Lou Eyrich, shares some great behind-the-scenes tidbits with PopWatch, including:

-Regionals dresses - by Jenny Yoo (the same brand of the bridesmaids' dresses from Furt), were selected for their "youthful, pretty, and soft" characteristics. Embellished with a black sash and deconstructed BCBG necklaces, the dresses were paired with black leggings for comfort. The black combat boots? A fashion decision made by Ryan Murphy, to make the look a bit more Balmain.

-Warblers uniforms - not changing.

-Rachel's green "70s style hostess dress" from Blame It On The Alcohol - rented from a costume house (perhaps the same one where Lou told me she got the dresses from Afternoon Delight).

-Dianna, Naya, and Heather - happy to be out of the Cheerios' uniforms, but surprised by the number of fittings required to dress in "real" clothes.

Read the entire article: Glee designer talks regionals dresses


If you're a fan of Jayma Mays' personal style, you'll love this new blog:

Jayma's Closet

The bloggers source all of Jayma's outfits, from personal appearances to photo shoots, with tons of eBay finds and looks-for-less.

They know what they're doing, too - I searched for this green top Jayma wore on one of the late night talk shows (I can't remember which one!), and couldn't locate it. They've got the entire outfit IDed!

I follow them on Tumblr, and through my RSS reader so I can keep up with Jayma's looks - past, present, and future.


I may have mentioned this before, but the Anthropologie on TV feature over at Goldenmeans is one of my favorite weekly reads. She finds Anthro pieces from every show imaginable - Glee, Community, Greek, even HGTV's Secrets from a Stylist.

I subscribe to her blog in a reader, but you can also access all of her Anthro on TV posts by clicking through the Fashion on TV tag on the posts. Subscribing is the best, though, because her OOTD photos (and the outfits themselves) are so dreamy, you won't want to miss a single post.

I'm always looking for new blogs and finds online, so if you have a suggestion for a future installment of Cardi Clips, be sure to drop me a line at emmapillsbury at gmail dot com. I'd love to hear from you!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Good to know about Jayma's Closet. I like her personal style as well as Emma's.

As an aside, cardigan clips are not easy to find in Halifax, NS. Thank goodness for ModCloth and Ebay!!

www.saywhathalifax.com

lilbailey said...

The talk show is Craig Ferguson, FYI.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting that EW article! I always love reading stuff about Glee's outfits. Lou Eyrich is awesome :)

Oh and yes, Goldenmeans is a wonderful blog! I love the Anthropologie on TV feature :)

Anjali said...

Aww, thank you so much for the shoutout Danielle! I'm so flattered by your super kind words ;)

Solange said...

But, where do we actually find cardigan clips? Emma's "sweater guards", as they were called the first time around?