Gleekdom goddesses Erin and Suzie have written the essential guide to Glee and it's available now! This is a book for serious Gleeks and newbies alike. Let's put it this way - if you want to be prepared for any Glee-related question that comes your way, you need to read this book.
Everything you were hoping would be in the DVD extras but wasn't is in this book. And more. Here's what you'll get when you pick up your copy of Don't Stop Believin' - The Unofficial Guide to Glee.
An in-depth look at the origins of Glee
Find out how Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan created a television sensation, and how they convinced the networks it wouldn't be another Cop Rock.
The making of an episode
Did you ever wonder how long it takes to shoot an episode or how much it costs? How is the music selected? How does the music, acting, and dancing come together? It's all in the book.
In this section, you'll discover that Mark Salling (Puck) is only 4 years younger than Matt Morrison, who plays his teacher. Cory Monteith was cast after his unconventional audition video garnered attention. Chris Colfer didn't originally audition for the role of Kurt. Iqbal Theba created a detailed backstory for his character, Principal Figgins. Find out more than you ever thought possible about each of the actors and their characters.
Detailed episode guides
This is the best part of the book, and not just because I'm in it. If you're expecting pages and pages of recaps, think again. Erin and Suzie analyze each episode, and give you fantastic extras, including:
- "High Notes and Low Notes" from each episode,
- a history of each song used on the show in "Behind the Music,"
- "Slushie Facials" - a catalog of on- and off-screen pranks,
- a collection of the best of Sue Sylvester's quotes in "How Sue Cs It,"
- "Jazz Hands" - an inside look at the many pop-culture references and details that make Glee so unique, and my favorite feature of the book.
When you get a copy of Don't Stop Believin' - The Unofficial Guide to Glee, be sure to turn right to page 223, where you'll find out what designer I picked to make costumes for New Directions!
And guess what? Erin and Suzie are giving away a free copy of their book to one lucky WWEPW reader!
How to Enter:
1. Leave a comment here, telling what designer you would choose to create costumes for New Directions (and why, if you're feeling ambitious!).
2. Be sure to include your email address so I can contact you if you win.
3. Only residents of the US and Canada are eligible for this giveaway. Entries will be accepted until Sunday, October 17 at 9PM EST.
Get your copy on Amazon US or Amazon Canada! Thanks for the giveaway, Erin and Suzie! And most of all, congratulations! I am so proud of both of you for this amazing accomplishment and honored to be included in your book! You earned 5 out of 5 antibacterial squirts from WWEPW! Yay, Erin and Suzie! Erin and Suzie, hooray!