Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Channeling Emma - Nicolle and Bow Skirt: A Love Story

Nicolle shares her latest "Channeling Emma" moment with us!
"One of my favorite pieces of Emma's has always been the J.Crew Double Serge Bow Skirt. Ever since I saw it paired with the Insane Yellow Blouse, I was in love. I was heartbroken to discover that said skirt was sold out on J.Crew.com. For months I scoured the internet, searching blogs and stalking eBay for anyone willing to sell me this skirt. Every once in a while the skirt would pop up on eBay, but always in the wrong size, or the wrong color. Then one day, there she was, in all her radiant blue glory, in my size! After an intense bidding war she was finally mine! And the rest....is history.

In light of finding my woolen soulmate, I put together some looks inspired by the three times Emma wore the J.Crew Double Serge Bow Skirt. Hope you enjoy!" ~Nicolle






Outfit 1- Take a Bow: J.Crew Double Serge Bow Skirt, J.Crew Merino Flutter Bow Cardigan, H&M Bow Blouse, J.Crew Spencer Metallic Mary Janes





Outfit 2- Insane Yellow Blouse: J.Crew Double Serge Bow Skirt, Insane Yellow Blouse from Winners, J.Crew Spencer Metallic Mary Janes







Outfit 3- Something Old, Something New, Nothing Borrowed, Something Blue: J.Crew Double Serge Bow Skirt, Mexx Ruffle Cardigan, Vintage Bow heels


What else is there to say about Nicolle but FABULOUS? J'adore.

17 comments:

What Lou Wore 365 said...

Top ebay stalking and gorgeous outfits, well done Nicolle!

Finding Me said...

Amazing outfits :)

Permanent Rose said...

Nicolle, you're certainly a real life Emma! You look fabulous, and now I'm feeling just a wee bit jealous of your wardrobe ;)

Melissa @ Silly Bee's Chickadees said...

You're my ebay hero, you cute thing!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness, do I have words. Words like Adorable. Jealous. Awesome.
This is quickly becoming my favorite part of WWEPW--I love seeing everybody's Pillsbury-fied wardrobes!

Sarahnargle said...

Those vintage bow heels are amazing! J'ADORE.

L D said...

Good gracious, you look fantastic!

Jamie said...

Nicolle I am SO JEALOUS! To have those outfits!!! Emma would be proud!

lindalou said...

Wow...great job Nicolle. Such attention to detail. You look beautiful in all three outfits.

Ruby said...

Job well done and you look amazing!!

Jamie - Thrifty Threads said...

All three looks are just marvelous. And I actually prefer your first look to the Emma P inspiration -- the detailing on your sweater is just so sweet!

Carol said...

Oh, you look wonderful! And now I'm regretting not having stalked that skirt more diligently on ebay! I love all three of your outfits.

Sarah said...

Looking good sis!
i LOVE that yellow blouse, i don't remember seeing it? Can i borrow it? THANKS

Sara said...

I too stalk ebay for that skirt. If it ever shows up in my size, it will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine. You look fabulous in each outfit! Emma would be so proud!

Teresa said...

As always Nicolle, you look STUNNING!! Perfect Emma style and perfect Emma SMILE!! :D

Jamie said...

Nicolle, does the white bow blouse how a collar and the bos is detatchable? I think I have the same blouse.

Anonymous said...

Aww thanks everyone!! I just love reading your comments, you are all so sweet! :) And no Jamie the bow is not detachable, but that sounds like a pretty awesome blouse!!