Saturday, December 5, 2009

Emma Pillsbury Fashion Caps - Mattress - Embroidered Sweater

I can't wait to hear what you all think about this sweater. I have a feeling this is going to be a mixed-reaction look.

Let's step into my mind as I watched this scene, shall we?

"Hmmm. This winter-white skirt is new. Got the J.Crew Penelope Mary Janes on again."



"Wonder what the sweater looks like from the front."



"Hmmm. Is that cashmere or felted wool? Need a closer look. I like the modified little Peter Pan collar. But...what...is...that...on...the...left?"



"Huh."



"Wwwwait a minute..."



"Are those..."



"EMBROIDERED CARNATIONS? *gasp* I THINK THEY ARE. Or worse, CREWEL CARNATIONS!"



"Oh, the shame."



"Wow. This is just...wow."



"You know what this look reminds me of? Back in the 80s, I went to an all-girls Catholic high school. This outfit looks like something we might have worn on Mass Day."



"Huh."

I don't really hate this sweater, but let's just say I wouldn't like to see it in heavy rotation. Your reactions?

7 comments:

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

i LOVE the screen shots with your own script written underneath. its hilarious. Her face caught in awkward poses is great. i gave you an award on my blog :)

A said...

i really wasn't impressed by her wardrobe this episode. I kinda hated it actually, she could've done so much better.

JBalloon said...

I don't really like the sweater. It's almost likeable in a tacky way, but I think the material is what really makes me not like it.

Anonymous said...

Heh, that was exactly my reaction during this scene! I love Emma's style, because while it is rather prim, it never verges on matronly or stuffy, it's always somewhat adorable. This scene though -- I think it somehow crossed over into dangerous territory.

Nicolle said...

I agree, this episode wasn't the best for adorable Emma clothes, she looked like my grandmother in that sweater! Hopefully she'll redeem herself in the next episode, which I'm sooooooo excited for!!!

Anonymous said...

Seeing the sweater again doesn't improve my opinion of it, alas. Aside from the embroidered flowers, which are rather grannyish, the shape of the sweater itself is kind of boxy and unflattering.

Not nearly as unflattering as the also boxy shirt/jacket combo Emma wears in her last scene with Will. That one was my least favorite thing she's ever worn. "Mattress" was full of lots of wonderful moments, but the wardrobe was less than great.

However, I'm choosing to believe it's all in character, and now that Emma is forcing herself to move on and get over her feelings for Will, it's reflected in her wearing the less wonderful items in her closet. After all, if she doesn't have him to dress up for now, she might as well wear the crazy flower sweater. Heh.

I got my coral flower necklace in the mail today. It's beautiful! That makes two items of Emma's jewelry I've managed to acquire. The other is the owl sweater guard, which I love. Now if I could just find a yellow ladybug bracelet...

MC

Anonymous said...

when i saw this, besides thinking WILL WHY DONT YOU LOVE HER? i was thinking, what is with that sweater. come on costume crew, you can do better.