Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Etsy Shops - Rust Belt Threads

One of the best things about writing WWEPW is a search that leads to an unexpected discovery.

A quick google search for this blouse:



turned up this blouse.



And this photo led me to a fantastic Etsy Shop - Rust Belt Threads.

I was over the moon when I noticed that this shop is based out of my own hometown of Buffalo, New York - a place I love deeply and hope to move back to someday soon. Buffalo is the least pretentious place with the most genuine people - and everybody knows everybody. Let's just say I won't be surprised if I find out that the owner of Rust Belt Threads is someone from my high school. But I digress...

Rust Belt Threads has tons of vintage pieces from the 60s, 70s, and 80s that would make Emma Pillsbury or Rachel Berry swoon. Take a look:

Emma-worthy:

70s baby blue tuxedo ruffled blouse - $22
80s violet purple diamond ruffled blouse - $28
70s pretty pink ruffled blouse - $24

Rachel-worthy:

80s raspberry red fair isle sweater - $28
60s andy apple red nautical skort - $30
70s baby blue fair isle ski sweater - $28

Rust Belt Threads is a hotspot for fantastic vintage finds. (I think I still have those exact Fair Isle sweaters in my parents' basement.)

Are my clothes really vintage, now? I'm sticking with calling them retro.

2 comments:

Amy Berra said...

WHOA NELLY. Ruffled collars were my LIFE in 6-7th grade. All she needs is a skinny ribbon to tie in a bow and she is set.

Retro. Yes. Plz.

Anonymous said...

thanks! gotta love etsy.com!!!