Saturday, October 2, 2010

Making Up Emma - Britney/Brittany

Making Up Emma:
2.02 Britney/Brittany



Aaaaaand we're back! Episode 2 of Season 2 marked the return of Emma to our screens! And that means another installment of Making Up Emma! Also more fun with screencaps!



We already got to fawn over Emma's new outfits, but here's where I give my take on Emma's hair and makeup. I was so excited to see her (and her pamphlets!) again!



Emma's got a new hairstyle! Gone is the stiff, perfectly styled bob of season 1, here we get soft curls and no more swoosh! :( A lot of people I talked to liked her new style, but I miss Awesome Bang Swoosh.



And then I realized WHY it's gone: Only Will can make those bangs move like that! Dr. Howell can do many things, like fill a cavity (dirty!) or root a canal, but he cannot make Emma's bangs do their special swoosh.

You know what he can do? Ruin her makeup.



Emma doesn't stand for this!




But Emma doesn't stay mad for long. Unfortunately for Will.



And did anyone else notice how Emma seemed to be SO bothered by Will's singing?

In the car...





And in front of the school...



I mean, okay, Will had some weird tribute to the Little Tramp going on. That was strange. Nothing makes me think of silent films like Britney Spears.



Remember when Emma used to have eargasms at Will when he sang? I do, I memmer...



It's a Bold New Emma this season! Mixing up grapes, not being hypnotized by Will, wearing curly hair. Who knows what changes lie ahead for our sweet Miss P!

Are you ready, Will?




Alright wwepw-ers, who misses the old Emma hair? Who likes the new 'do? Show of hands!

16 comments:

Gilly said...

I like her old hair better, not to say that this isn't super cute, but i think it's more in character when her hair is perfect. it's a bit messy to me now.

Eliz said...

The swoop is definitely quintessential Emma—and I do miss it—but I'm excited by what the new, ALMOST (gasp) UNRULY, wavy hair symbolizes!

Ashley said...

Haha OMG you included Antoine Dodson. Every day you give me another reason to love you more.

Sarahnargle said...

SWOSH SWOSH SWOSH!

vacantmuse said...

you make my life awesome. also, that first screencap gives good derp.
DERP.
I miss the swoosh, but i love the Stamos. tough! also also: where were my high-school sex riots? i saw my college glee club perform last night and it was essentially that club of girls Sue tries to haunt Rachel with and essentially Jacob but with Lance Bass's voice and ginger hair.
WHERE IS MY KURT, UNIVERSE, WHERE?
also: Emma. love. *cough*

Unknown said...

As much as the bang swoosh is a quintessential Emma look, I kind of like this look. It's a bit symbolic of the other changes in her life - mixing grapes, for goodness' sake!! It's madness!!

And can I just say, was Will a bit pathetic this episode or was it just me? He was all, "You told me to do this, and so I did it" and Emma was all "That's just sad, Will." And then there was the performance. Awkward.

Permanent Rose said...

Not only do I miss the old Emma hair, I just miss the old Emma...

And Courtney, I totally agree. Will's pathetic. Period.

Danielle said...

Girl, you had me at Antoine Dodson. Now THAT is a guest star who should get a spot on Glee.

Amy Berra said...

I am with Danielle. Run and tell that, homeboy!

I like the new hair. But this comes from a curly haired girl who is tired of all the commercials for curly, frizzy hair and the only solution is to make it STRAIGHT. AAAAA...
Wait, what??

Danielle said...

I think the bang swoosh is more quintessential Emma, but...

If she sticks with the soft shoulder length curls, then that means that MY hair is Emma Pillsbury hair.

And well...I just can't complain about that.

Liz H. said...

I like her new hair, but I long for the bang swoosh!! Also OMG ",Hide yo kids, Hide yo wife," I believe I am dieing of laughter <3 I am SO happy this you are back!! <3

Tea said...

I like the new 'do and I miss the bang swoosh all at the same time!

And yes agreed Will is being pathetic! Still it's wonderful to have Emma back and wonderful to have Making Up Emma back too!

Anonymous said...

Emma Pillsbury Hair is not Emma Pillsbury Hair without the Awesome Bang Swoosh.

Heather said...

I agree that Will seemed pathetic this episode (even though I still swoon everytime he sings)

I liked the old Emma hair better. More Emma-esque. :)

Julia said...

I definitely love to swoosh but I think I can get used to this new Emma hair. After all, she does seem to be a whole new Emma.

Anonymous said...

You should rate the look in more scenes. I'd give the one with the Kate Spade cardigan an A+. She looks so pretty!