Friday, July 23, 2010

WWEPW Idol

I don't know about you, but I'm really enjoying The Ultimate Emma Pillsbury Outfit Tournament!

So today I got to thinking. What if we had our own little competition? A WWEPW reality show without the cameras? (And the production budget.)

This is not for the faint of heart. Think of it as Fashion Survivor.

Outfits will be picked off, one by one, no matter how amazing they are. And they will be amazing. But only one outfit can win.

Do you have what it takes to win WWEPW Idol?

Here's how it will work:

Each week, contestants will submit a Polyvore set of their choice (can be newly-created or something you've already made in the past) to the contest. Teresa and I and a guest judge will say nice things about your looks. (We roll Emma Pillsbury-style, not Simon Cowell-style around here.)

WWEPWers will vote for their favorite looks. Of course the look with the fewest votes will be eliminated from the competition. :(

Each week, a new theme will be announced. Contestants will submit one look per week until we get down to one. Our WWEPW Idol!

The two runners-up and the winner of WWEPW Idol will receive a little gift from me. (It won't be $100,000 to start your own clothing line or a job in the costume department on Glee, but it'll be something nice.)

How to enter:

1. Create your "audition" Polyvore set. Make sure it's fabulous. (And of course, it will be, because you all create nothing but fabulous Polyvores.) Hint: Everyone makes it to Hollywood in this contest.

2. Send the link to your set, or use the "email this set" feature on Polyvore, to emmapillsbury (at) gmail (dot) com by Tuesday, July 27 at noon EST .

Who's up for it? Are you the next WWEPW Idol?

15 comments:

Elissa said...

LOVE that sweater!!

L D said...

I'm IN!

Emma said...

This is a brilliant idea! I'm so excited!
Also, is there any chance I could guest judge at some point?

D. Stultz said...

So, should it be an Emma-themed outfit, yes? Or maybe any Glee-character-themed outfit? Hmmmm...

Danielle said...

Good question! This is your "audition" so make an impression, any way you want! :)

There will be "themes" as we go along....

Ailish said...

This looks awesome! Too bad I won't be here for three weeks :S

Nehali said...

I am in love that set. Where are all the pieces from?! And it sounds like a fabulous idea, I can't wait to see the entries!

Eliz said...

Ooooh fun!!! Yay, good clean competition, as Ms. Pillsbury would say! I love the outfit in the post, incidentally.

lindalou said...

I love this idea. I'm kind of new to the Polyvore thing, so I'm hoping I did it right.

Amy Berra said...

Ohhhhh. Heaven is for big little girls! And cardis. And pretty dresses. And pins. And mary jane shoes.
LOVE THIS.

Essence B. said...

How in the world are you enjoying the Ultimate Emma Pillsbury Outfit Tournament?!? It's like trying to choose a favorite child only the "child" is color coordinated clothing. It's torture, I tell ya!

Teresa said...

Knowing what amazing styles the people of wwepw already come up with, I am SOOOO EXCITED for this!!!

:D

Susan said...

Hmm...I'm also new to Polyvore, but I'll join! Good luck everyone! :)

Susan said...

Okay, here is a link to my set...I also sent an email, just in case!
http://www.polyvore.com/back_to_school/set?id=21182362

Permanent Rose said...

I got so excited that I made six different sets last night...and had a hell of time choosing which one to send in :P

Great idea, Danielle!