Saturday, April 24, 2010

Channeling Emma - Sweater Clips

I'm officially obsessed with sweater clips. I would wear them with my pajamas. And by "would," I mean "DO."

I'm not alone in this obsession. Take a look!



Sweet Archivia wears a vintage sweater clip found on Etsy with a pink twinset. SO pretty!



Nicolle wears the owl sweater clips you might remember from her first "Channeling Emma" appearance, this time with a very cute cropped jacket.



Here Nicolle wears a vintage sweater clip (given to her by her sister) with a bright blue cardi, and it looks just as lovely with blue as it did with the J.Crew Primrose Cardigan!



Amy B, of Glee on Oprah fame, wears these vintage gold and pearl clips with a sage green cardi and navy print blouse. Gorgeous!



In this picture, I'm wearing a pair of handmade sweater clips from Tea Birds on Etsy, with a silvery-gray bow-neck blouse from LOFT and a teal cardigan from Target.

Thanks to my lovely ladies Sweet Archivia, Nicolle, and Amy B for sharing their beautiful photos with WWEPW! I'm thrilled that sweater clips are back in style!

Any other favorite sweater clips out there? We'd love to see them!

12 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm pretty much in love with Emma's Sweater Guards! :) I think they're an accessory that definitely should make a comeback:
http://bookwormie10.wordpress.com/2010/04/15/bring-back-the-sweater-guard/
I got a vintage one on Etsy and I'm working on making some for my own store.

SarahBourgeois said...

awww colle you're wearing the clip!!! cutie pie.

love sarah <3

Amy Berra said...

Danielle, lemme just say that I am wearing the green version of your cardi, which I also have in the color you are wearing..great minds and all....

Greg and Kim said...

I just ordered a vintage owl sweater clip off Etsy. I can't wait to receive it! I had actually found it before I realized Emma had worn a very similar one. Once I saw that, I was sold!

Nikki Cogg said...

I bought a vintage guard off ebay and I always get compliments on it! It's gold and pearl with bows on the clips. Hubby doesn't care for them (he said it reminds him of a librarian..) but I'll say it over and over; men know nothing about style. This is such a classic look, I'm hoping to pass my sweater guard(s) down to my future daughter!

sweetarchivia said...

You're welcome! Oooo I love the other sweater clips that the gals are wearing!

Marchewkowa said...

Amazing sweater clips!

melissa said...

omg, I have that owl sweater clip, too! I didn't realize it's the same one Emma has!

lilbailey said...

All of the sweater guards are adorable!

And what great timing, I was just about to send you a photo of my own sweater guards from Tea Birds!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/Kris14/teabirdssweaterguardclipwwepw.jpg

Heather said...

Danielle, I love your one (ones?) and I am shaking my fist at the sky because it costs so much for Etsy stores to ship to the UK. *cough*Emigration*cough*

Also, in the most non-creepy way, Nicolle has really lovely hair :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha thanks Heather! Not creepy at all! lol