Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What Would Emma Wear? - Holiday Parties

Katie writes:

First of all I ADORE your blog. Second of all I was wondering if you could answer this question. What would Emma wear to a Christmas formal/cocktail event?


Thanks, Katie! What a fun question!

I'm choosing this Nanette Lepore Flores Sea Dress for Emma to wear to a holiday party. (Love the Sergio Rossi peep toe pumps on the model, too. Not too flashy, perfect for Emma.)







These Jimmy Choo Libra Patent peep toes would look great on her, too.



No necklace, just this Sofia Cluster Bracelet from Stella & Dot.



What do you think? What would Emma wear to a holiday event? Leave a comment or email me at emmapillsbury at gmail dot com. I'd love to hear your ideas!

Happy holidays, everyone!

5 comments:

Katie said...

You actually did a post about my question!
Very gorgeous and very "Emma"

Nicolle said...

the Nanette Lepore dress is perfect! The silhouette is similar to her pink Lepore dress from Ep. 4, and the rose reminds me of her wedding dress! I found this really cute Kate Spade dress I think Emma would wear...

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod95150053&parentId=cat24020734&masterId=cat24610731&index=13&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat000009cat000034cat24610731cat24020734

It's simple yet classy, the red would look great on her, she would probably accessorize it with an enamel flower pin and perhaps those blue/silver J. Crew penelope heels!

Em said...

the dress is perfect. it kinda resembles the one she wore in the episode with kristin chenoweth... the red one.

Anonymous said...

so, i was looking at clothes online and i found this:

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=sw_cardigans&product_id=2069736894&Page=all

is it emma-ish?

Melissa Clark said...

I'd love to see Emma in something vintage, like this dress from the early 1960's. I can't see her wearing the matching jacket, but the dress itself is very Emma-ish to me, from the silhouette, to the bow details on the front, to the buttons on the back.

And what better on a vintage dress than a vintage brooch? Her dogwood flower pin would look nice, or maybe something like this large gold poinsettia pin. Maybe that would be too on-the-nose Christmassy, but I kind of like it. :)

MC