Monday, March 15, 2010

Match Game - Military Throwdown

All my grandstanding last week did no good whatsoever, because Jen's Maize and Gold look got almost twice as many votes as my own Blue and Yellow look. How could I compete with that adorable beret and clutch? I am duly humbled!

Keeping with the military theme this week on WWEPW, I pulled one of my own Polyvore sets out-of-order to go up against this look, created by Nina:



Nina's Look







What are your thoughts on military sweaters in general? Are they a fashion DO or a fashion DON'T? Leave a comment to share your thoughts!

8 comments:

Angela said...

I'm wearing the Tracy Reese one that Emma has today, actually, so I'm a fan. :)

It's definitely not for the faint of heart, but I think it's actually a more versatile piece than I first imagined.

Teresa said...

Hmmm, they were both great but I am partial to any blue/gold color schemes since my alma mater (WOOT! BRUINS!) and I really love the J. Crew shoes.

Teresa said...

And re: military sweaters, you really have to "sweeten" them up, otherwise I feel like I am back in 9th grade marching band getting yelled at for breaking the line. So I would say a DON'T unless you really know what you're doing.

Danielle said...

Hahahaha, Teresa! I just want you to follow me around all day and entertain me with your witticisms.

I fear that I am way too old to get away with a military sweater without it looking costume-y.

Teresa said...

LOL Danielle! That would be fun! I spend most of my day texting my best friend all my nonsense commentary (love that you called it witticism!) :P

Moi said...

I'm not personally a fan of the military look, it's not for me!

Erin said...

I love the military look, but it can go so very wrong. I persoanlly think that Beyonce and Rihanna pull it off very well, but you need attitude and confidence to make it work like they do!

luxurygirl said...

Nice sweater! I found the same on this site Originalluxury